Diagnostics/Embedded Software Engineer
Cerebras is developing a radically new chip and system to dramatically accelerate deep learning applications. Our system runs training and inference workloads orders of magnitude faster than contemporary machines, fundamentally changing the way ML researchers work and pursue AI innovation.
We are innovating at every level of the stack – from chip, to microcode, to power delivery and cooling, to new algorithms and network architectures at the cutting edge of ML research. Our fully-integrated system delivers unprecedented performance because it is built from the ground up for deep learning workloads.
Cerebras is building a team of exceptional people to work together on big problems. Join us!
Seeking a Diagnostics/Embedded Software Engineer to help in the development of Hardware Bring-up and Manufacturing Diagnostics for all Cerebras’ s cutting edge products. As a Diagnostics Engineer the candidate will be expected to participate in all phases of the product development cycle, from definition, design, implementation, test, HW bring-up, debug and support. This includes functional specifications, assessing task requirements, working with cross functional design and development teams.
- Primary duty is to design and develop Hardware Diagnostic Software for Manufacturing and Customers, Hardware bring up, Device drivers & Firmware.
- Produce high level and detailed design documents, debugging and testing of boot loader, OS and device drivers
- Interact with Hardware, Software and Operations teams
- Assist contract manufacturer with hardware bringup, programming, validation and deployment
- Writing test automation scripts
- Recreate and debug hardware issues
Skills & Qualifications
- 10+ years of experience in hardware, Diagnostics, low level software, firmware and experience with embedded software and/or low-level Linux kernel software development.
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science/Electrical Engineering/Embedded or equivalent
- Expert level C/C++/Assembly coding skills for embedded systems
- Experience working on PCI(e), I2C, USB, SSD, SPI, Ethernet, and relevant low level protocols
- Experience with scripting languages like Python, TCL, Expect, Bash
- Functional test experience with FPGAs/ASICs is desirable
- Knowledge of uBoot, BIOS, EFI, GRUB, GPXE
- Knowledge of Ethernet technologies – 1G/10G/40G including MAC and PHYs
- Experience with Logic/Protocol Analyzers and Oscilloscopes will be a plus
- Knowledge of traffic generators like IXIA, Spirent, Smart bits is desireable
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment with hardware, software and manufacturing teams
- Self-motivated, independent, proactive and strong problem solving skills
- Headquarters/Los Altos Office
- Remote Office
- San Diego Office
- Toronto Office