Supply Base Engineer
Cerebras is developing a radically new chip and system to dramatically accelerate deep learning applications. Our system runs training and inference workloads orders of magnitude faster than contemporary machines, fundamentally changing the way ML researchers work and pursue AI innovation.
We are innovating at every level of the stack – from chip, to microcode, to power delivery and cooling, to new algorithms and network architectures at the cutting edge of ML research. Our fully-integrated system delivers unprecedented performance because it is built from the ground up for deep learning workloads. The system is fed with a high performance I/O subsystem based on the latest industry standard network protocols.
Cerebras supply chain and manufacturing teams are working closely with partners and vendors on new solutions for our product. We collaborate actively with the Cerebras engineering teams in order develop solutions to support internal innovation.
Cerebras is building a team of exceptional people to work together on big problems.
- Evaluate potential suppliers for their manufacturing and quality capabilities, assess Design for Manufacturability and collaborate with Design Engineering to release new manufacturable designs.
- Understand supplier capabilities and schedules in order release drive implementation into Cerebras product
- Initiate and drive corrective action on quality problems to ensure that the root cause of failures are identified and resolved
- Research supply base for alternative suppliers or technologies to provide product solutions
- Escalate critical quality issues to Engineering
- Assist, develop and provide feedback on design and DFx
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering
- 5+ years technical vendor management experience
- Strong communication skills
- Self-motivated and able to work effectively across different functional teams
- Good communication and organization skills, with a logical approach to problem solving
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally
- Experience with thermal interface material, pogo pins or power regulators
- Headquarters/Los Altos Office