ASIC Bring Up Engineer
Cerebras has developed a radically new chip and system to dramatically accelerate deep learning applications. Our system runs training and inference workloads orders of magnitude faster than contemporary machines, fundamentally changing the way ML researchers work and pursue AI innovation.
We are innovating at every level of the stack – from chip, to microcode, to power delivery and cooling, to new algorithms and network architectures at the cutting edge of ML research. Our fully-integrated system delivers unprecedented performance because it is built from the ground up for deep learning workloads.
Cerebras is building a team of exceptional people to work together on big problems. Join us!
- In this exciting role, you will be responsible for silicon bring up of Cerebras innovative wafer scale engines.
- You will have a passion for powering on new silicon and debugging issues.
- You will analyze and debug silicon defect signatures.
- Utilize silicon redundancy to repair wafers based on defect signatures.
- Run repair algorithms and use strategies to optimize wafer performance and quality
- Work with the software team to implement algorithmic improvements to silicon repair
- Work with design teams to optimize debug, redundancy and repair strategies
- Work to automate the silicon debug and repair processes to make them efficient and repeatable in the lab and in production
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- BS or MS in EE, ECE, CS or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years of industry experience.
- Solid experience in hardware bring-up and the debug of complex systems including ASICs, SoCs or microprocessors.
- Good understanding of computer architecture
- Expertise in scripting in languages such as Python and/or Perl.
- Excellent debugging, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Good understanding of DFT, ATPG, design for debug techniques and their application to silicon system bring-up
- Exposure to design and verification tools
- Background with lab equipment like logic analyzers, oscilloscopes etc. is helpful.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability & desire to work as a standout colleague are a must.
- Proven track record to work cross functionally and drive issues to closure.
- Extremely self-motivated and eager to solve problems
- Headquarters/Los Altos Office