Compiler Engineering Manager
Cerebras is developing a radically new chip and system to dramatically accelerate deep learning applications. Our system runs training and inference workloads orders of magnitude faster than contemporary machines, fundamentally changing the way ML researchers work and pursue AI innovation.
We are innovating at every level of the stack – from chip, to microcode, to power delivery and cooling, to new algorithms and network architectures at the cutting edge of ML research. Our fully-integrated system delivers unprecedented performance because it is built from the ground up for deep learning workloads.
Cerebras is building a team of exceptional people to work together on big problems. Join us!
As a member of our software engineering leadership team, you will work on building and managing teams working on cutting edge compiler technology. Our compiler group are highly talented and motivated engineers. This role needs to set technical vision and inspire the team to solve some of the toughest problems in the rapidly evolving AI space.
As deep neural network architectures evolve, they are becoming enormously parallel, and distributed. Compilers are needed to optimize the mappings of computation graphs to compute nodes. In this position, your team will build the tools that generate distributed memory code from evolving intermediate representations.
- Work with engineering leadership and product management teams to develop product roadmap
- Identify hiring needs and fill them with best talent from universities and industry
- Mentor and coach team members considering both short-term execution and long-term career growth needs
- Identify risks in product development schedule and take active measures to mitigate them
- Collaborate with strategic partners and customers in academia and industry to identify solutions to their AI compute challenges using Cerebras’ System and Software
- Actively participate in defining next generation system architecture with hardware and systems teams and provide software perspective for feature prioritization
- Provide technical guidance to team members in designing, analyzing, and optimizing algorithmic solutions
- Define and enforce best practices in software development process including coding style standards and peer reviews
- Identify opportunities for deployment of tools and processes to improve engineering execution efficiency
- Organize sprint planning meetings
Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelors, Masters, PhD, or foreign equivalents in computer science, engineering, or related field.
- 10+ years of experience in software or system product development with a focus in compilers to generate and optimize code for deep learning applications.
- 5+ years of experience in building and managing engineering teams or as a technical leader with strong managerial instincts
- Experience in distributed systems and programming or hardware accelerators
- Experience in high level parallel program analysis and optimization
- Experience in cross-functional team management
- Project and program management experience
- Agile development methodology
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Startup team management experience
- LLVM compiler internals and/or polyhedral models
- Familiarity with HPC kernels and their optimization
- Experience in high performance computing applications
- Experience in accelerating applications on GPGPU platforms
Los Altos, California, San Diego, California or Toronto, Canada.