Diagnostics/Embedded Software Engineer
Seeking a Diagnostics/Embedded Software Engineer to help in the development of Hardware Bring-up and Manufacturing Diagnostics for all Cerebras’ s cutting edge products. As a Diagnostics Engineer the candidate will be expected to participate in all phases of the product development cycle, from definition, design, implementation, test, HW bring-up, debug and support. This includes functional specifications, assessing task requirements, working with cross functional design and development teams.
- Primary duty is to design and develop Hardware Diagnostic Software for Manufacturing and Customers, Hardware bring up, Device drivers & Firmware.
- Produce high level and detailed design documents, debugging and testing of boot loader, OS and device drivers
- Interact with Hardware, Software and Operations teams
- Assist contract manufacturer with hardware bringup, programming, validation and deployment
- Writing test automation scripts
- Recreate and debug hardware issues
Education / Experience
- Candidate should have an interest in hardware, low level software, firmware and experience with embedded software and/or low-level Linux kernel software development.
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science/Electrical Engineering/Embedded or equivalent
- Expert level C/C++/Assembly coding skills for embedded systems
- Experience working on PCI(e), I2C, USB, SSD, SPI, Ethernet, and relevant low level protocols
- Experience with scripting languages like Python, TCL, Expect, Bash
- Functional test experience with FPGAs/ASICs is desirable
- Knowledge of uBoot, BIOS, EFI, GRUB, GPXE
- Knowledge of Ethernet technologies – 1G/10G/40G including MAC and PHYs
- Experience with Logic/Protocol Analyzers and Oscilloscopes will be a plus
- Knowledge of traffic generators like IXIA, Spirent, Smart bits is desireable
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment with hardware, software and manufacturing teams
- Self-motivated, independent, proactive and strong problem solving skills