Senior IT Professional
Cerebras is developing a radically new chip and system to dramatically accelerate deep learning applications. Our system runs training and inference workloads orders of magnitude faster than contemporary machines, fundamentally changing the way ML researchers work and pursue AI innovation.
We are innovating at every level of the stack – from chip, to microcode, to power delivery and cooling, to new algorithms and network architectures at the cutting edge of ML research. Our fully-integrated system delivers unprecedented performance because it is built from the ground up for deep learning workloads.
Cerebras is building a team of exceptional people to work together on big problems. Join us!
Cerebras Systems is looking to hire an experienced IT staffer to work in a challenging, dynamic environment. The IT Professional will be responsible for managing and administering the wider Cerebras team’s IT needs. The staffer will need to be comfortable working in a heterogeneous compute environment. The prospective candidate will work on projects related to:
- Ensuring Cerebras Systems IT infrastructure is properly secured against unauthorized access according to current best security practices and perform periodic security scans/audits.
- Aide in maintenance of the onsite server closet and lab.
- Manage and support on-site hardware resources including: networking gear, firewalls, wifi access points, laptops, projectors, etc.
- Aide in the buildout, monitoring and maintenance of offsite resources located at Cerebras’s preferred colocation vendor.
- Manage and monitor remote access to cloud and HQ resources
- Create policy and implement tooling to track IT equipment inventory
- Maintain and manage AWS usage and billing so as to ensure it is being consumed optimally
Skills & Qualifications
- Highly proficient in efficiently setting up and configuring server infrastructure for different OSes – particularly Linux
- Needs to possess a background and comfort in working with a variety of network, server, storage and wireless vendors
- Highly proficient in creating tooling to setup, configure and teardown AWS instances
- Highly proficient in managing and being aware of cost impact of using AWS resources
- Has experience in creating tools for automation and routine tasks
- Has experience in building out a monitoring system for a hybrid cloud/onsite infrastructure
- Comfortable in working in and with Linux, PCs and Macs
- Scripting experience (preferably Python)
- Experience with virtualization technologies
- Is comfortable with working with open source tools and projects
- Possesses a ‘can-do’ attitude, the ability to face atypical problems and find unique and effective solutions and can communicate effectively
- Networking certifications such as CCIE, JNCIE, etc.
- Security certifications such as CISSP
- Datacenter wiring installation certification
- Familiarity with concepts associated with SDNs
Our cozy and well-appointed headquarters are in the heart of Silicon Valley near downtown Los Altos, California.