System/Processor Simulator Engineer
Cerebras is developing a radically new chip and system to dramatically accelerate deep learning applications. Our system runs training and inference workloads orders of magnitude faster than contemporary machines, fundamentally changing the way ML researchers work and pursue AI innovation.
We are innovating at every level of the stack – from chip, to microcode, to power delivery and cooling, to new algorithms and network architectures at the cutting edge of ML research. Our fully-integrated system delivers unprecedented performance because it is built from the ground up for deep learning workloads.
Cerebras is building a team of exceptional people to work together on big problems. Join us!
You will work with both hardware and software teams to create the simulator needed to make architectural tradeoffs, evaluate performance, and prove functional correctness. This role is highly collaborative and contributes directly to fundamental technology at Cerebras.
- Develop a cycle accurate simulator for processing engines and communication interconnect.
- Optimize the simulator performance using techniques such as parallelization.
- Develop framework for connecting the simulator to software and debug tools.
- Develop analysis tools to extract insight and make design tradeoffs.
Skills & Qualifications
- Programming experience in C/C++ and Python.
- Experience in multithreaded and multiprocessor applications.
- Experience developing simulation tools.
- Experience in computer architecture of CPU, GPUs, interconnects is desirable.
- Masters or PhD in computer architecture is desirable.
Our cozy and well-appointed headquarters are in the heart of Silicon Valley near downtown Los Altos, California.