Software Architect, Development Infrastructure
Cerebras is developing a radically new chip and system to dramatically accelerate deep learning applications. Our system runs training and inference workloads orders of magnitude faster than contemporary machines, fundamentally changing the way ML researchers work and pursue AI innovation.
We are innovating at every level of the stack – from chip, to microcode, to power delivery and cooling, to new algorithms and network architectures at the cutting edge of ML research. Our fully-integrated system delivers unprecedented performance because it is built from the ground up for the deep learning workload.
Cerebras is building a team of exceptional people to work together on big problems. Join us!
In this position as a Software Architect, you will lead the efforts to define, implement and drive a unified system architecture for our large and growing software code base. Some responsibilities of the software Architect may include defining the sub-system library architecture, architecting the build/make flow, improving our build time and ensuring our software stack is compliant across different OS platforms.
Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- 5+ years of industry experience in developing software infrastructure for large scale software platforms
- Deep knowledge of software design principals with a track record of architecting large complex software systems involving millions of lines of code
- Be able to drive coding standards across multiple programming languages across the entire software engineering organization
- Previous experience with software architecture for compilers (CPU, GPU, FPGAs)
- Previous experience with embedded system software and distributed computing protocols/communication
- Experience with building a software platform from early proof-of-concept to mass deployment to thousands of customers.