Software Integration Engineer
Cerebras is developing a radically new chip and system to dramatically accelerate deep learning applications. Our system runs training and inference workloads orders of magnitude faster than contemporary machines, fundamentally changing the way ML researchers work and pursue AI innovation.
We are innovating at every level of the stack – from chip, to microcode, to power delivery and cooling, to new algorithms and network architectures at the cutting edge of ML research. Our fully-integrated system delivers unprecedented performance because it is built from the ground up for the deep learning workload.
Cerebras is building a team of exceptional people to work together on big problems. Join us!
In this position as a Software Integration Engineer, you will be the lead developer in integrating software stack components to supporting new classes of neural networks on the Cerebras CS-1 deep learning accelerator platform. The responsibility of an integration engineer spans many responsibilities including pushing early prototype Tensorflow/Pytorch code through our compiler, identifying critical bugs and doing functional and performance validation on systems/hardware platforms. The Software Integration Engineer requires a breadth of knowledge from understanding AI/ML frameworks, algorithm debug/analysis, system administrator use models and HW based debug on a live computing platform. The role will have a huge impact on the speed at which we can bring up new models on our complex software/hardware platform.
Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience with 5 years of industry experience
- Experience with end-to-end software/hardware integration of a large scale computing device such as data center servers, storage devices or HW emulation platforms
- Strong knowledge of software system design, C++ and Python
- Contribute to developing requirements specifications with a focus on developing verification tests.
- Strong debugging skills, experience of debugging complex software stack and hardware systems.
- Experience with Python/bash, ability to automate verification tests and complex engineering workflows.
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science with 3 years of industry experience
- Experience in product management or technical program management role
- Knowledge of neural network architecture and ML/AI deep learning principles
- Experience with products that have integrated software and hardware components. Examples include data center servers, storage devices or HW emulators.
- Experience working with live hardware systems and debug tools operating in a real time environment such as networking devices or live computing systems
- Understanding of fundamental considerations of building hardware in development and volume production stages
Our cozy and well-appointed headquarters are in the heart of Silicon Valley near downtown Los Altos, California.