Staff Hardware Design Engineer, Board and Systems
Cerebras is developing the world’s first wafer-scale system. Since it was revealed in 2019, the CS-1 has continued to get favorable coverage from news outlets ranging from the Wall Street Journal to Anandtech. Further, one of our customers, Argonne National Labs, recently started applying the CS-1 to Covid-19 research. It is quite rewarding to be part of a team that works on state-of-the technology that can be applied to such an important problem.
The CS-1 is built from the ground up to accelerate deep learning in the data center. It is a complete solution for artificial intelligence compute powered by the Cerebras Wafer Scale Engine. It is programmable with the Cerebras software platform and package in an innovative system that fits directly into existing infrastructure.
Our system team is experienced and innovative. They think far outside the box, which inevitably leads to new mechanical, thermal, and electrical challenges: nobody in the world has direct experience with our system. We are therefore looking for an extraordinary individual with an outstanding track record.
As a senior member of the system team you will:
- Quickly get up to speed on electrical, thermal, and mechanical aspects of the design
- Design new PCB’s including high power regulator design
- Interface with designers in software, signal integrity, thermal and mechanical eng.
- Solve complex system issues, innovate and propose solutions for next generation systems
- High performance board design and validation experience: from schematic capture and layout to lab bring up and debug
- Strong drive and analytical, diagnostic and problem-solving skills applied to systems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skill; methodical and organized
- Good understanding of power regulator design principles and characteristics
- Relevant degree or experience in Electrical Engineering
- 5+ years of design experience with enterprise class hardware systems design
- Experience with power regulator design and characterization
- Software scripting skills such as Python