System/Processor Debug Engineer
Cerebras is developing a radically new chip and system to dramatically accelerate deep learning applications. Our system runs training and inference workloads orders of magnitude faster than contemporary machines, fundamentally changing the way ML researchers work and pursue AI innovation.
We are innovating at every level of the stack – from chip, to microcode, to power delivery and cooling, to new algorithms and network architectures at the cutting edge of ML research. Our fully-integrated system delivers unprecedented performance because it is built from the ground up for deep learning workloads.
Cerebras is building a team of exceptional people to work together on big problems. Join us!
You will work with both hardware and software teams to analyze and debug functional and performance issues in AI compute. This role is highly collaborative and contributes directly to the user experience and success on Cerebras’ system.
- Bring up highly-distributed software models on hardware appliance.
- Develop debug tools to provide insight and root cause system level problems.
- Develop and run tests on emulation environments and hardware.
- Work with both hardware and software teams to analyze and debug functional and performance problems.
- Architect and drive debug features into future hardware and software products.
Skills & Qualifications
- Distributed system and processor debug experience.
- Experience developing debug tools.
- Prior experience reproducing failures on RTL from checkpoints produced by real systems.
- Programming/scripting experience.
- Processor verification/debug experience.
- Knowledgeable of low-level toolchain concepts (linker scripts, elf format, etc).
Our cozy and well-appointed headquarters are in the heart of Silicon Valley near downtown Los Altos, California.