System Validation Engineer
Cerebras is developing the world’s first wafer-scale system. Since it was revealed in 2019, the CS-1 has continued to get favorable coverage from news outlets ranging from the Wall Street Journal to Anandtech. Further, one of our customers, Argonne National Labs, recently started applying the CS-1 to Covid-19 research. It is quite rewarding to be part of a team that works on state-of-the technology that can be applied to such an important problem.
The CS-1 is built from the ground up to accelerate deep learning in the data center. It is a complete solution for artificial intelligence compute powered by the Cerebras Wafer Scale Engine. It is programmable with the Cerebras software platform and package in an innovative system that fits directly into existing infrastructure.
Our system team is experienced and innovative. They think far outside of the box, which inevitably leads to new mechanical, thermal, and electrical challenges: nobody in the world has direct experience with our system bringup. We are therefore looking for an extraordinary individual with an outstanding track record for debugging and solving problems. This ‘MacGyver’ must have solved several unexpected problems.
As a senior member of the system team you will:
- quickly get up to speed on electrical, thermal, and mechanical aspects of the design
- study failure signatures of the systems and do hands-on troubleshooting
- pursue failure analysis down to silicon, PCB boards or external components
- analyze and document results and, where appropriate, provide recommendations
- interface with internal groups (SoC, systems and mfg) as well as outside vendors
- participate in design reviews for next generation systems and provide your recommendations on anything from electrical design-for-test features to mechanical and thermal ideas that can enhance future products
- Strong analytical, diagnostic and problem-solving skills
- Strong drive to self-educate
- Experience with DC probing, oscilloscope, logic analyzers and scripting/jtag interface
- Experience with FA techniques such as SEM, IR, OBIRCH, dual beam FIB a plus
- Relevant experience in Computer, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering
- 5+ years of experience developing or validating high-performance complex systems
- Written and verbal communication skills