Cerebras has developed a radically new chip and system to dramatically accelerate deep learning applications. Our system runs training and inference workloads orders of magnitude faster than contemporary machines, fundamentally changing the way ML researchers work and pursue AI innovation.
We are innovating at every level of the stack – from chip, to microcode, to power delivery and cooling, to new algorithms and network architectures at the cutting edge of ML research. Our fully-integrated system delivers unprecedented performance because it is built from the ground up for deep learning workloads.
Cerebras is building a team of exceptional people to work together on big problems. Join us!
You will develop software to configure, manage and monitor Wafer Scale Engine (WSE) using low level hardware interface. WSE contains hundreds of thousands of processing elements along with hardware for self-test, repair and for monitoring its health while running. As an embedded engineer, you will be responsible for delivering high quality embedded code running on ARM SoCs. You will work very closely with hardware and will write device drivers running on baremetal systems and/or Linux.
- Minimum 10+ years of experience in developing high performing embedded code
- Prior experience working at SW/HW boundary
- Proficient in C, C++ in a multi-thread, multi-process environment
- Familiarity with Python, Shell scripts and Makefiles
- Strong debug skills both at device driver level and system level
- Strong understanding of following protocols - PCIe, USB, SPI, I2C, PMBus, CAN, IO-Link, etc.
- Hands-on experience with on-chip debugging tools and troubleshooting with tight hardware integration
- Prior experience with JTAG protocol/driver is a strong plus
- Prior experience with bare-metal embedded systems is highly desired
- Headquarters/Los Altos Office
- Toronto Office