Product Manager, Hardware
As Product Manager for Hardware at Cerebras you will lead product strategy, requirements research and definition for our high performance AI computer systems. You will work day-to-day with hardware, systems, and ASIC engineering teams to help prioritize and stage product development, and with customers operating leadership-class computing facilities for HPC and AI compute. You will work in partnership with a world-class PM team that has decades of complementary domain expertise in Software and Machine Learning to radically accelerate AI and change the compute landscape forever.
Cerebras Systems is a computer systems company based in Los Altos, California in the heart of Silicon Valley. We are a team of experienced and innovative chip and computer systems engineers, software engineers, business leaders, and machine learning researchers who have come together to radically accelerate computing for artificial intelligence and enable revolutionary new capabilities in science and industry.
- Engage with customers, ML researchers, datacenter owners/operators to research and define market requirements for current and future generation AI compute.
- Distill market needs into product requirements to help us define the future of AI compute.
- Work across product and engineering teams to translate product requirements into focused execution; help design, build, implement and deploy our solution to accelerate customers’ AI research and development.
- Work directly with customers to help map their most ambitious projects to CS hardware systems and enable their success.
- Inform hardware product decisions around feature prioritization, solutions, and functionality.
Skills & qualifications
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in computer science, electrical engineering, physics, mathematics, a related scientific / engineering discipline, or equivalent practical experience.
- 2-4+ years product management experience, working with customers and engineering teams.
- Experience with computer hardware engineering, design and development of computer systems, chips, circuit boards.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with highly technical engineering teams.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- MBA or advanced degree such as PhD in science / engineering.
- Machine learning and artificial intelligence domain knowledge, application experience.
- Experience with microprocessor architecture, ASIC development.
- Experience with computer system engineering and datacenter infrastructure.
- Experience with distributed systems, HPC system architecture and applications.
- Project and program management experience.
- Prior startup or small company experience.
- Los Altos, CA preferred.
- Headquarters/Los Altos Office
- San Diego Office